Saturday 29 September 2012

Moving closer to the dark-zone

Ive got a wifi connection at todays campsite, but thats it-no signal othwerwise.
After a late start after the wheel issues, i got going along the cyclepath that would take me South to Criccieth.
My instant, 'just add water' porridge didn't hit the spot this morning, so i foung myself eating a full cioked breakfast at lunch time. Got few donations whilst i was there-awesome!
The next section was horrible, long and almost all flat, all pedally, made the old knees hurt - a result of wearing the long cycling tights yesterday.
Arriving at Criccieth, I found the life boat station, had a good chat with the mechanic and then headed to the pub for a well deserved pint.
I had marked a possible camp site at Black Rock Beach. When i got there it was full of caravans - all towed by pick up type, white transits. I needed a re-think negotiating for the return of my bike out of the back of a van isn't high on my priority list.
So, after the worlds steepest hill, I arrived at Tyddyn Llwyn caravan and touring park. A lovely place. My mum will approve of the 18 month old facilities here!
Just eaten really nice chilli and chips, having a couple of drinks and then its off to hit the sack.
Got a day of pedalling inland and around an estuary tommorrow - all in the rain (apparently)

No comments:

Post a Comment