Sunday 30 September 2012

A little damp today

This morning i wore the biking jacket plus the waterproof, i was redhot and rather err, sweaty after the first hour.
I've found I'm not eating and drinking as much as i should, so today I rested on each hour for ten mins. I've really gone off chocolate since i started this, infact, ive carried a Mars with me all the way so far without being tempted once! Thats a record for me!
I've booked myself into a guest house tonight, it was always my intention to have rest day, tonight and tommorrow are going to be just that plus drying out some kit.
Ive done approx 95 miles so far, if the speedo thing on the bike is accurate. Today was hard, into a head wind, and apparently ive only done 25ish miles.
If the weather is better in the morning, I'm going to aim for Aberdovey, another RNLI station there, and I'm hoping to hop on the train to get me across the river Dovey estuary, I know its a bit of a cheat, but it will save me a good 20miles, and a good chunk of a day.
Lets hope for good weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment